Don’t ignore the pain
Come Early to Ayurveda for Best Results
With Ayurveda , You never have to stop enjoying Life.
Understanding Liver and Ayurvedic Treatments
Liver diseases such as cirrhosis, Hepatitis, Autoimmune hepatitis, PSC, Fatty liver, Alcoholic liver diseases, are not just dreadful, but they also cause irreversible damage to the liver. Modern medicine rely on transplanting the liver when its health reaches a point where treatment can no longer recover or stop its deterioration. So, a liver transplant is the way to go for modern medicine when there is end-stage liver disease. However, transplant is not a cure; rather it is an escape from the cure. An ailing liver can be cured through Ayurveda. This traditional form of medicine dates back to 1400 B.C. and has been tried and tested since then. The number of patients treated successfully by the way of Ayurveda.
Types of Liver Disease
- Hepatitis: Inflammation of the liver.
- Cirrhosis: Scarring of the liver tissue.
- Fatty Liver Disease: Accumulation of fat in the liver cells.
- Liver Cancer: Malignant growth in the liver.
- Liver Failure: The liver loses its ability to function adequately.
Symptoms of Liver Disease
Liver disease does not always come with alarming signs. However, if signs do occur, they may look like:
- Loss of appetite
- Chronic fatigue
But as the damage to the liver progresses, the signs may become worsening, expecting treatment right away.
- Bleeding easily
- Swollen belly
- Mental confusion, which is known as hepatic encephalopathy
- Skin and eyes that turn yellow
- Pain in the abdominal area and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine and stool color
Causes of Liver Disease
Several factors can contribute to the development of liver disease, including:
- Viral infections (Hepatitis A, B, C)
- Alcohol abuse
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Autoimmune conditions
- Toxins and certain medications
Prevention of Liver Disease
Certain lifestyle modifications can help prevent the occurrence or recurrence of liver disease:
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy weight and balanced diet
- Avoid risky behaviors that may lead to hepatitis infection
- Vaccination against Hepatitis A and B
- Regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle
Yoga For Liver Disease
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): This yoga asana stimulates the liver and improves digestion by stretching the abdominal muscles.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Helps in massaging the liver and enhancing its functioning by compressing the abdomen.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord of the Fishes Pose): Promotes liver health by stretching and stimulating the liver, aiding in detoxification.
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose): Activates the digestive system and improves liver function by stretching the abdominal region.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama: An effective breathing exercise that cleanses and energizes the liver by increasing oxygen supply to the body.
Food For Liver Disease
Foods to Include:
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, kale, and broccoli are rich in antioxidants and fiber, supporting liver health.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and cranberries contain antioxidants that reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric: Its active compound, curcumin, helps in reducing liver inflammation.
- Healthy Fats: Avocados, nuts, and seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids beneficial for liver function.
- Garlic: Aids in liver detoxification and supports its overall health.
Foods to Avoid:
- Alcohol: The foremost substance to avoid as it significantly affects liver health.
- Highly Processed Foods: Foods with high sugar, salt, and trans fats overload the liver and should be limited.
- Fried and Fatty Foods: Excessive consumption can lead to fatty liver disease.
- Red Meat: High intake may contribute to liver problems due to its saturated fat content.
- Excessive Sodium: Can cause fluid retention and harm liver function.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Liver Disease
At Sandhya Medicity in India, Ayurvedic treatment for liver disease follows a comprehensive approach based on Ayurvedic principles and dosha balancing. The treatment begins with a detailed assessment of the patient’s condition, considering the doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) that might be imbalanced, leading to liver issues. The therapies are personalized to rebalance these doshas.
Ayurvedic treatments for liver diseases often include herbal remedies, such as specific herbal formulations and concoctions, tailored to address liver concerns and improve its functioning. These formulations typically contain natural herbs known for their hepatoprotective properties, assisting in liver detoxification and rejuvenation.
Additionally, therapies such as Panchakarma, which include procedures like Vamana (therapeutic emesis), Virechana (therapeutic purgation), and Basti (therapeutic enema), are utilized for detoxification and balancing doshas associated with liver health.
Sandhya Medicity’s Ayurvedic experts and practitioners create individualized treatment plans, incorporating dietary modifications, lifestyle changes, and Ayurvedic medicines to manage liver diseases effectively. Their holistic approach aims to restore the overall health of the liver while addressing the root cause of the issue and promoting long-term wellness.
Treatment Budget For Liver Disease
At Sandhya Medicity, the treatment budget for liver-related conditions varies based on the type of ward chosen by the patient. The approximate costs per day for treatment are as follows: 8,000 rupees for a general ward, 10,000 rupees for a private ward, and 12,000 rupees for a semi-private ward. These costs cover the facilities, care, and medical services provided during the patient’s stay, ensuring quality treatment and management of liver–related issues at different levels of accommodation within the hospital.
Why Choose Sandhya Medicity
Our medical facility stands out due to our commitment to excellence in Ayurvedic healthcare. We combine ancient wisdom with modern medical practices to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. Sandhya Medicity has cured more than 10 thousand satisified customer .
Sandhya Medicity offers a range of Ayurvedic treatments for liver that are natural, safe, and effective. Our treatments are designed to not only alleviate the symptoms but also to target the core issues, promoting lasting recovery and improved quality of life for our patients.
Moreover, our practitioners take a personalized approach, understanding the unique conditions and needs of each patient. This allows us to create individualized treatment plans that address the specific concerns and factors contributing to liver, ensuring a more successful healing journey.
With a focus on holistic healing and natural remedies, Sandhya Medicity provides a caring environment where patients can expect comprehensive support and guidance throughout their treatment process. Our goal is to empower individuals with effective solutions that bring relief and restore their well-being.
Choosing Sandhya Medicity means opting for a place where expertise, compassion, and personalized care converge to offer you the best in Ayurvedic treatment for liver disease.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Prednisolone – steroids can help to reduce inflammation in the liver. Steroids are usually prescribed as a reducing course. It is best to take this medication with/after food. Calcium and vitamin D supplementation – such as Adcal D3, can be prescribed for bone protection whilst taking a course of steroids.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine, which originated in India. Liver cirrhosis is one of the many irreversible diseases which Ayurveda can treat completely. There are a number of Ayurvedic remedies which can stop the disease from progressing to its irreversible stage.
- Take plenty of water and fiber.
- Avoid foods such as popcorn, nuts or tortilla chips.
- Avoid constipating foods.
Bitter tasting and cooling plants and foods such as aloe vera, neem, kutki, karela, amala, turmeric, bhumi-amala, punarnava, and others are utilised in ayurveda for both protection and promoting liver function.