What is the process of Greeva Basti
- Greeva Bast is a therapeutic technique of Ayurveda that focuses on strengthening the neck and the cervical spine.
- The word ‘Greeva’ means neck in Sanskrit, while ‘Bast’ refers to the application of herbal oils or medicated liquids through a specially created well on the back of the neck.
- This ancient Indian remedy involves massaging specific points and regions around the neck to relieve pain, stiffness, and improve blood circulation in local areas.
- The process usually begins with a hot oil massage on other parts of the body to prepare for Greeva Bast.
- Then, warm herbal oil is poured into a dough structure built around the neck region for several minutes followed by a gentle massage using various techniques.
- The spiritual aspect of this treatment helps promote healing by activating vital energy centers in the body such as Vishuddha Chakra.
- As an Ayurvedic medical practitioner or therapist trained professional, one should be knowledgeable about anatomy, acupressure points, herbology and have excellent communication skills with clients explaining this process thoroughly before administering it.