Piles (Hemorrhoids) Disease Treatment
Piles disease, also known as hemorrhoids, refers to the swelling and inflammation of blood vessels in the rectum or anus. This condition occurs when these blood vessels become enlarged due to excessive pressure exerted during activities such as straining during bowel movements, chronic constipation, or prolonged sitting.
Types of Piles / Hemorrhoids
There are two types of hemorrhoids: internal and external.
Internal hemorrhoids develop within the rectum and often go unnoticed until they start causing symptoms such as bleeding or prolapse.
External hemorrhoids, on the other hand, occur around the anus and can cause discomfort and irritation.
Causes of Piles / Hemorrhoids?
- One primary cause is Chronic Constipation, which leads to increased straining during bowel movements. This strain puts pressure on the blood vessels in the rectal area, causing them to swell and form hemorrhoids.
- Another contributing factor is Extended periods of Sitting or Standing, which obstructs blood flow and causes congestion in the veins surrounding the anus.
- Additionally, Obesity and a sedentary Lifestyle can result in increased pressure on the pelvic area, making individuals more susceptible to developing piles disease.
- Furthermore, Pregnancy plays a significant role in the onset of hemorrhoids due to hormonal changes that impact blood vessel walls’ elasticity as well as increased pressure on pelvic veins from an enlarging uterus.
- Lastly, Age-related weaknesses in connective tissues and Aging-related changes in bowel habits may also contribute to the development of hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of Piles / Hemorrhoids?
Piles disease can result in uncomfortable symptoms including
- itching, and
- bleeding during defecation.
Ksharsutra Treatment For Piles
Ksharsutra treatment is an ancient Ayurvedic procedure used for the management of piles disease. It involves the application of a medicated thread, known as ksharsutra, to the affected area. The thread is composed of various herbal ingredients that possess potent healing properties.
This treatment method has gained popularity due to its non-surgical nature and high success rates. During the procedure, the ksharsutra gradually cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoidal mass, leading to its shrinkage and eventual drying up.
The herbs present in the ksharsutra have anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions, providing relief from associated symptoms like pain and itching. The advantage of this therapy over conventional surgical interventions lies in minimal post-operative complications and faster recovery time.